VT-VY Commodore LS1 LS2 L76 Turbo Conversion Kit. These kits are hand made to order, designed to suit VT VX VY VZ Commodore LS1 LS2 L76 engines and are 400rwkw rated. Our price includes GST.
Featuring heavy duty fabricated steam pipe turbo manifolds designed with plug lead clearance and high flow in mind, these turbo kits are good for a proven 400+rwkw. Includes large frame T4 flanged 70mm oil cooled turbo, Genuine 38mm Turbosmart external wastegate, 3.5″ stainless dump pipe, 600x300x76 intercooler etc. These are one of the few kits to fit with a large air filter for street use.
During testing various turbos for this application the big frame turbo was chosen to keep back pressure ratios low – allowing the kit to work effectively with cammed engines, and be 98 fuel friendly. A LS1 ute fitted with this kit made 412rwkw on 9psi boost, using a stock bottom end with upgraded cam, lifters/pushrods and valve springs on E85. With 4.11 diff gears any more boost just resulted in wheel slip. Having previously fitted a side mount supercharger, the owner was rapt with the turbos performance, commenting it’s still responsive down low and all through the rev range. Another kit on a VU SS made 365kw on 9psi using 98 fuel on a mainline roller dyno, using a stock engine with upgraded cam.
All components are backed by a 12 month warranty.
Full Turbo Kit Contents
- Spoolinboost generic big frame turbocharger with 70mm comp inducer, T4 flange, divided 1.1/ar housing, oil cooled 360 degree thrust bush bearings
- Turbo manifolds, heavy duty steampipe design
- Genuine 38mm Turbosmart Ultragate w/ 7psi spring
- 38mm wastegate flanges x2
- Oil drain hose setup complete, 1m 19mm hose, turbo drain flange, sump drain fitting, hose clamps
- Oil feed setup complete, braided oil line, turbo feed flange and fittings, oil pressure switch adapter and fittings
- Turbo mounting bolts and nuts
- T4 gasket, oil feed and drain gaskets
- Vband for turbo dump pipe
- 3.5″ stainless dump pipe (updated design 2021 with better clearance and slip join/accuseal clamp)
- Intercooler 300x600x76
- Large 4″ pod filter
- 4″ 90 degree silicone hose
- 4″ stainless angled joiner
- 2 bolt flange provided for fabricating crossover pipe (not supplied due to various headers/extractors fitted to these vehicles)
- ECU relocation bracket
- Basic fitting guide
Optional Intercooler piping kit
Complete intercooler piping kit suit spoolinboost LS1 VT-VZ kit. Includes:
- 5x alloy pipes welded to suit
- 7x raceworks silicone joiners of varying sizes
- 16x hose clamps.
Note: Requires a 3.5″ hole to be made for turbo compressor outlet/pipe in sheet metal. Cold side fits between k-frame and radiator.
What you will need to add
To get this turbo kit running on your car you will need to add a few parts depending on your power goals and budget. We suggest the following at a minimum:
- crossover pipe fabrication/dump pipe joined to your exhaust system
- intercooler piping (or see kit above)
- silicone joiners and clamps (or see kit above)
- a fuel system to support boost, pick from the following.
- valve springs to handle the boost
- a tuning solution such as our Haltech Elite 2500, or our Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 VPW cable with PCM Hammer
- a Wideband O2 sensor to monitor the Air Fuel Ratio
- some heat management (eg. GT42 turbo beanie / some heat wrap / heat shield / plug boots / heat sleeve), and
- optionally, a decent exhaust system, surge tank, camshaft, etc.
Contact us with more info if you are unsure about which parts will best suit your particular fuel type, engine, power goal and budget.
A bit too much?
Maybe a turbo kit is out of your budget right now? We can help with a range of cost effective mods such as camshafts and tuning that if chosen properly will be compatible with a turbo system if you decide to go that way in the future. Contact us for more info.
Postage and Handling Estimate
Below are estimated ***TBC*** prices to ship the two cartons that make up this kit. We will contact you after ordering to confirm the final postage price to your destination. These kits are hand made to order and can have a 2-6 week lead time depending on demand.
Where possible we post bulky items with Australia Post or Couriers Please, with tracking and signature on delivery. If you are not close to a suburban area additional charges may apply. Add $30 for insurance cover if required and request it in your order notes. We only charge what the courier charges, no more.