CANBarra CANBUS Translator. Made in Australia by CAN Solutions, this module converts the CANBUS signals from BA BF FG PCMs into wired outputs suitable for standard gauges and instrument clusters when used in vehicle conversions.
Finally the module we’ve been awaiting for! This innovative little design allows your original dash cluster gauges to work as per factory when doing an engine conversion to a modern engine and ECU.
Compatible with all BA BF FG Falcon PCMs both 4L Barra and all V8 variants, as well as Nissan Patrol & Navara, and BMW E36 (with many more vehicles to come soon), these modules are configurable with a bunch of outputs to allow you to run both factory and aftermarket gauges off the CANBUS signal when running a BA/BF/FG Falcon PCM.
These devices are programmed to order to suit your conversion. In your order notes, please include:
- car model and year, and original engine and trans,
- donor engine type, model & PCM,
- transmission being used and whether PCM controlled, and
- if selected, Gear Position Display colour
Based on the vehicle config, the following outputs are configurable:
- Tacho Output (1-12 cyl programmable)
- Vehicle Speed Out (programmable)
- Check Engine Lamp
- Alternator Lamp (FG only)
- Oil Lamp (FG, BF only)
- Over Temperature Indicator Lamp
- Cruise control indicator (this can be reconfigured into a Throttle position switch for an exhaust valve)
- A/C input for Air Conditioner Triggering when using the Barra PCM AC control
- ZF VSS Vehicle Speed Output for BF Vehicles – for those guys doing conversions that want to avoid adding additional speed sensors
- FG VSS Input – Creates a CAN speed signal for the FG PCM from an input of any open collector speed source (eg. Original Ford Hall Effect Speed Sensor XD-BA), Cruise Control Output from the Nissan GU Patrol Cluster, and other Hall Effect Senders, such as the Shiftkits Australia Tailshaft VSS Kit).
There are currently two add-ons that work with the CANBarra:
- Gear Position Display – a high brightness LED backlit TFT display that shows the current gear & trans temp in Automatic vehicles. Available in Amber, Green, and Blue (default Amber if you don’t specify when ordering)
- Data Output Link (DOL) – allows the EF/EL/AU Falcon cluster & trip computer to get their required signals to operate as per factory when running a Barra PCM
Use the drop down to select the correct options for your conversion.
See our Barra items for a huge range of engine and fuel system parts to suit your Barra install.