Melling Melling High Volume Oil Pump suit GenIII LS1 LS2 LS3 L98 V8.
The Melling M295HV pump is a high pressure, high volume pump that offers improved resistance against cavitation at higher RPMs. The cast aluminum housing is CNC-machined and hardcoat anodized. The cast iron cover is CNC-machined and phosphate coated. The relief valve features a screw-in valve plug.
The factory LS oil pump suffers from cavitation above 6,200 RPM, which results in a drop in oil flow of nearly 1 GPM by 7,000 RPM. This cavitation can also aerate the oil, which causes drops in oil pressure and can result in oil starvation. Engines that run at RPM’s above 6,200 should use this upgraded Melling pump to prevent these issues.
Suits Non-DOD/AFM applications or where DOD/AFM has been deleted.
- 43 PSI Pressure Relief Valve Spring
- 1.14 Displ (cuin/rev)
- The cast aluminum housing is CNC machined and hardcoat anodized
- The cast iron cover is CNC machined and phosphate coated. The cover also features countersunk screws for more timing cover clearance.
- The relief valve features a screw in valve plug
- Compatible with factory GM oil pickup tubes
Manufacturer Part Number: M295HV